Saturday, September 04, 2010

Thinking Out Loud

God is challenging me to think more and more. He wakes me up in the early morning, or is it the middle of the night(?) and I crawl out of bed and make my way to my Quiet Place to read my Bible, pray of people who come to my mind or who are on my prayer list, read daily devotionals and study whatever in-depth Bible study I am persuing at the time. Sometimes I have an "ah-ha" moment and other times, I just sit in the stillness and try to let the Holy Spirit speak to my heart, mind, and soul.

Writing is not one of my gifts, but I often do it to organize my thoughts by putting them on paper or some techy device. Reading other friends blogs is a passion of mine. I enjoy the words they share about themselves, their families, and their journeys and experiences in life. "The Bridges of Madison County" inspired me to keep a diary by journaling my experiences and prayer requests. My son says he is looking forward to reading all my volumes of writing to see just what I was thinking and praying about during his life. Beth Moore also encourages journaling conversations with God and for more years than I know, I've been writing my life story through my notebook journals.

Today, I was catching up on "Living Proof Ministry" http://blog.lproof.org and was reading Melissa Moore Curtis's decision to take a leave of absence from LPM to devote more time to her husband and children. I remember being torn between motherhood and family finances. I thought I was "Super Woman" and could do it all. With the grace of God everyone survived and I won't let my choices haunt me. Even after retirement and empty-nest syndrome, I continue to see change in my life. God is changing me in so many ways. Let me quote Melissa and the scripture reference she gave: "Please know that when you cry out to the Lored, He hears you! He knows what you are going through. He is your Shepherd and He cares for you. Pray, pray, pray." First Peter 5:7-8 says, "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that He may lift yo up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." (NIV) Ask God to show you His love, power, and care right now.

No comments: